Frequently Asked Questions
We have been getting several reports of Students being unable to use some of the additional features within Teams Meetings such as Webcam Backgrounds and the large Gallery where more Students can be visible on the screen at once.
After doing a bunch of testing and research on the limits of the Chromebooks, we have found a few things that may affect these features. However, we also have some ways you can get some help and some cool upcoming changes that will benefit you.
1. Some older Chromebooks do not have a strong enough processor to handle the additional features. Older models include HP and Dell Chromebooks.
2. Some older Chromebooks are not able to run Teams in the Browser as effectively.
3. Some older Chromebooks will receiving updates soon, or have already stopped getting updates.
What You Can Do
1. Make sure to Restart the device.
3. Go to https://teams.microsoft.com to use Teams on the Chrome web browser.
4. Reach out to your Student's Teacher for additional help.
1. The newest version of Teams will be coming out in the first week of October and promises to have many fixes, some of which relate to older devices such as Chromebooks.
2. PSD will be receiving new Chromebooks with the ability to use more of the onboard features of Microsoft Teams. This shipment was delayed quite a bit from the vendor so we are antipating delivery and roll out of these new devices about Mid to late October.