In the event you need to complete work or lessons from home, you can use Teams to share your screen with others across the District. This is particularly helpful when you need remote assistance from the IT Support Center or a District Technician to resolve a problem on your machine.
Sharing Your Screen
1. Open a Chat with the person you wish to share a screen with. You can also start a Meeting first.
2. Click the 'Share' icon in the upper-right.
3. The following Security Alert may pop up. Click “Cancel”.
For Apple Users: This step will ask you to 'Open System Preferences'. Allow Teams in 'Accessibility' under 'Security & Privacy' by unchecking the Lock icon and checking 'Teams'.
Note: If you are not an admin on your device, Control Options will not be available.
4. Choose a Screen (A) or Window (B) you would like to share.
5. The other participant in the chat will receive a notification (this may be on the lower corner of their screen).
6. Once they click “Accept Screen Share” they will be able to see your screen.
7. When you're done Sharing, click “Stop presenting” in the sharing tool bar at the top of the screen.
1. On the sharing toolbar at the top of the screen, select the “Give control” dropdown.
2. Select the name of the person you want to give control to from the drop-down.
3. While you’re sharing control, the other user can make selections, edits, and other modifications to the shared screen. You will see their icon (A) and mouse on the screen with yours (A).
4. To take control back, select 'Cancel Control' button or 'Stop presenting'.
1. After another user has shared their screen with you, select 'Request control' from the top bar.
2. The person sharing their screen will Allow or Deny your request.
3. Once they have approved and you have connected, you can make selections, edits, and other modifications to the shared screen.
4. When you’re done, click the “Stop control” button to stop sharing control.
You're all set! You can now Share and Request Access to a Computer, as well as Remove Access via Teams.
Still Have Questions? Please reach out to your School for further assistance.