Many parents are using Microsoft Teams on their personal devices for Parent-Teacher virtual meetings or to help their students get connected for virtual classes during quarantine or absences in the case they do not have access to their school device. This guide will show you how to install the Teams app on your iPhone.
Have an Android device? No problem! Check out this guide instead: Installing and Setting Up Teams on an Android | PSD Community
Installing the App:
1. Open the App Store on your phone.
2. In the bottom-right of the screen, click 'Search'.
3. In the Search box near the top, type in 'ms teams'.
4. Scroll down to 'Microsoft Teams' and click 'GET'.
5. Click 'OPEN' when the install is finished.
Setting up the App:
1. Enter your student’s school email address. This is your student’s I.D./Lunch Number followed by '@psdschools.org'.
2. Click the 'Sign in' button.
Note: If you get this message, 'We’re having trouble locating your account.' Click on 'Work or School' then double-check your spelling for the email and try again.
3. Enter your student’s password (A), then click the 'Sign in' button (B).
4. When you get the message '“Teams" Would Like to Send You Notifications' click on “Allow”.
5. When you get the message “Teams” Would like to Access the Microphone, click OK.
6. Click 'Next' until the 'Got it' button appears (A), then click it (B).
7. You are now ready to receive calls on Teams from PSD!
Answering a Call
1. When your student’s teacher calls:
-If your phone is unlocked, click on the 'checkmark' icon at the top of your screen (A).
-If your phone is locked, slide the blue arrow to the right to answer. (B)
2. Make sure that your Video Camera and Mic are on.
Tip: If either device has a slash through them, click once to turn that device on.
3. When your meeting is over, click on the red button to end the call.
Note: If you have more than one 1 student in PSD who needs to have their account set up, you will need to log in with your next student’s account.
1. Click on the account icon in the upper-left corner of the screen.
2. Click 'Settings'.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click “Add account”.
4. Follow Steps 1-3 under the section above titled, 'Setting up the app'.
Still Have Questions? Please reach out to your school for further assistance.